[Tugindia] Error while previewing.

S. venkataraman tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:59:48 +0530

> My texmf directory is as shown in the command line option of
> configure(above)
>
> checking for gs... ./gs
> checking for latex... /d/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/latex
> checking if LaTeX is installed 8-bit clean... yes
> checking for tex... /d/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/tex
> checking for texhash... no
> checking for mktexlsr... no
> checking for MakeTeXls-R... no
> checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
> checking for docstrip directory configuration... no
> checking for TDS-compliant directory... ./configure: kpsepath: command
> not
> found
> no
> checking for TeX directory hierarchy... ./configure: kpsepath: command
> not
> found
> no
> checking for TeX input directory... ./configure: kpsepath: command not
>
> found
> no
> configure: error: Cannot find the texmf directory!  Please use
> --with-texmf=dir to specify where the preview tex files        go
>
> There doesnt seem to be any program by name texhash and the other
> titles
> above in ..miktex/bin. Is this where these files should be? Is it
> that my MiKTeX installation is not complete?
	No, I don't think so.  Texhash is for updating(in lLinux) after
adding  new input files
	like .sty for .mf.  In miktex, this is done by initexmf (I have
forgotten the command line. You may have to look at the miktex manual
for that.)or  using start->Programs->mitex-> options -> update(or
whatever is appropriate for your installation.) . Kpathsea is also for
	linux. If you want to update the files list you can use the
above route.  Things may work out fine.
	Venkataraman