[Tugindia] Hi.. Want to have the following in subsubsection

H S Rai tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:57:10 +0530 (IST)

Today at 6:01pm +0530 A.Muthugopalakrishnan wrote:

>   I  want to  put  the  following in  a  \subsubsection,  and I  get
>   different characters  (inverted question  marks etc) for  the '>',
>   '<' and '|' characters, running pdflatex in Linux.

This is not a problem to put in \subsection only. In this way, you can
not put  any where. These are  "special" chracters and  demand special
treatment. Use in math mode i.e. with in $$, like:

$>$ some text $<$ then more text $|$

It is good to go through tutorial (online also available) and FAQ.

Happy TeXing,

--
H.S.Rai

Don't worry  that children never  listen to  you; worry that  they are
always watching you. - Robert Fulghum