[Tugindia] Latex... some doubts ...

Nikhil Joshi tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:30:06 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, H S Rai wrote:

> Welcome Nikhil.

Thx :)

> Can  you  not try  dvips  -Ppdf  foo.dvi  -o  foo.ps and  then  ps2pdf
> foo.ps? Initially  I had  problems  with this  conversion. But once  I
> updated my tetex, this works perfectly fine.

when i gave the above commands i get following message from dvips:

dvips: warning: no config file for `pdf'

the version of dvips is : dvips(k) 5.86
the version of tetex is : tetex-1.0.7-30
other relevant versions :
                          TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159
                          kpathsea version 3.3.1

pls guide.
Thanks for your kind and considerate help

Regards
Nikhil