[Tuglist] front-end to latex

Sridhar M.A. tuglist@tug.org.in
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:20:08 +0530

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 09:30:26PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

   > In that respect, LyX is similar to TeXmacs.  TeXmacs, however, is
   > true WYSIWYG in that the antialiased screen/editor display using TeX
   > fonts is exactly what will get printed (apart from different
   > resolutions).

Yes. TeXmacs is much better that way. The additional feature in using
TeXmacs would be the nice frontend to Maxima. You can see the results of
your calculations as they would be printed; not an ascii representation
of the same.

   > I'll be holding a talk about various attempts of WYSIWYG tools at
   > TUG2002, hope to be seeing you there.  The paper for the talk will be
   > in the proceedings, and I suppose I won't have problems putting it on
   > the Web separately.

Will look forward to seeing it on the web.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation with detail.