[Tuglist] front-end to latex

H.S.Rai tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:53:21 +0530 (IST)

Today at 10:21am +0530 Baburaj A. Puthenveettil wrote:

>    Does this preview work with an old XEmacs version 20.4. I read in
>    the down load site as below:

Mine  setup has  Emac  21.2.1  and xEmacs  21.1,  Installtion was  not
smooth,   need   a  number   of   other   packages's  upgration   like
ghostscript. Which  I upgraded first to GNU  ghostscript, which failed
to  do job, then  I installed  AFPL ghostscript.  But, what  ever site
recommend,  that has  to be  installed and  It won't  work  with lower
versions.

>   I am forced to use XEmacs20.4 at the computer center here as a TeX
>   unfriendly administrator has flatly  refused to upgrade it upon my
>   request!!

That is the  real problem with BOFH.  There is real  need to fire such
Admins, who refuse  to help users. Now, a day  customers are boss, but
such admin live in the era of Kings.

Is there any pubic server, where one can have his account and have all
latest TeX friendly softwares, so  that user has some alternative when
he faces such Admin.

Can't you  have a PC  in your dept.,  or office where you  can install
Linux  and admin yourself,  although it  is time  consuming. Or  is it
possible to install in your personal directory?

--
H.S.Rai

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, and Jill a wealthy widow.