[Tuglist] CTAN package update: CurVe

Radhakrishnan C V tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:57:09 +0530 (IST)

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor.

Name of contribution: CurVe
Author's name:        Didier Verna
Location on CTAN:     latex/contrib/supported/curve
Summary description:  CurVe, a LaTeX2e class for making
                      curriculum vitae's
License type:         lppl

Announcement text given by the contribution's author:

I'm happy to announce a new release of CurVe, a class for making
curriculum vitae's, version 1.2. New in this release: more
translations, a starred form for the \entry macro, with a simplified
syntax, and most important, support for standard bibliography
inclusion.

CurVe is a class package that hopefully will make your life easier
when you want to write your CV. It provides you with a set of
commands to create rubrics, entries in these rubrics etc. CurVe will
then properly format your CV for you (possibly splitting it onto
multiple pages, repeating the titles etc), which is usually the most
painful part of CV writing. Another nice feature of CurVe is its
ability to manage different CV "flavors" simultaneously. It is in
fact often the case that you want to maintain slightly divergent
versions of your CV at the same time, in order to emphasize on
different aspects of your background. CurVe also comes with support
for AUC-TeX.

for Indian TeX Users Group