[Tuglist] fonts

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@mail.gnu.org.in
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:15:57 +0530 (IST)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 at 07:17, Ajaya Mohan R S wrote:

   Thanks for the info regarding installing fonts. Is this the
   general procedure for installing all fonts?

Yes.

   I want to install garamond font. I have downloaded .fd, .tfm
   and .vf files from the CTAN. Thereis not .sty file. Upto step
   4 of the earlier mail is not a problem.

The *.tfm's and *.vf's shall go to the $TEXMF/fonts/tfm/ and
$TEXMF/fonts/vf/ respectively. garamond.sty should be available in
your system already by default:

  $TEXMF/tex/latex/psnfss/garamond.sty

Run texhash, create a document with \usepackage{garamond} somewhere
in the preamble, that's all. Is it not trivial?