[tug-consult] Can not compile the tex file..

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Thu Oct 20 23:26:01 CEST 2011

On 19/10/11 18:33, ewn co wrote:
> I have problem in running a tex file. I have downloaded miktex and
> winedit. When I run a simle tex file in winedit, it gives the error:
> TeXify failed to create a dvi file. For possible explanation start
> the Command Prompt or read the log file (captured by winedit during
> the execution)....", but I can't able to reda the log file as  icon
> of log file in that winedit is disabled.

Have you tried their other suggestion? Open a Command window, go to the
folder where your .tex file is, and process it with the tex or latex
command (you don't say if you are using plain TeX or LaTeX).

> What would be the cause for that?

Without more information it is not possible to say.

> I have running that in Windows XP, and same is happening in windows
> 98. In both the computer we have properly set the path as it is
> mention.

Both those operating systems are obsolete, although I believe there are
many people still using them. Have you considered upgrading to something
else?

///Peter