[tug-consult] pdf2latex

Anupam Tyagi Anupam.Tyagi at haim.in
Thu Nov 9 17:27:48 CET 2006

Gerree Pecht <gerree at ...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have been asked numerous times if it is possible to convert .pdf file
> to .tex (LaTeX)?

Only if I could do this well.

> Also, is there an easier software package that I can use with regards to
> presenting
> beautiful technical slides containing mega amount of formulas/drawings
> without
> too much back-and-forth in files?

I think "pdfscreen" works well for this. There is also Ppower4 pre-processor for
some fancy tricks.

> Any info on how to include COLOR into
> the
> file without having to "mix" the colors to get what I need.

I think a very good solution is to use WinEdt editor on Windows (sorry, Alex
won't port it to Linux, or should I say his wife who manages the business has
not been able to convince him. I have been trying to convince them for 4-5 years
now.). It has a point and click color matrix.

> Also, can
> this be
> done just by including a "package" at the top of my file?  What command
> do I use when I wish to include a word/paragraph, etc. in color either on
> a slide or within text.

There are several ways of doing this. But you should not have to do this inside
the document, but do it in the LaTeX preamble for consistent results, that
people like Andrew Wiles will appreciate.

I hope that helps. Anupam.