[tldoc] corrections to texlive-en.tex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jun 18 02:52:36 CEST 2010

On 17 June 2010 Karl Berry wrote:

 >     I found some corrections to the original texlive-en.tex
 >
 > I committed a new texlive-en.tex (+html+pdf).

Thanks.  There is still one thing we should reconsider:

Phil Taylor recently said that typical Windows users never launch
tlmgr from the command line.  They simply click on the "TeX Live
Manager" entry in the start menu.

In the documentation the term "tlmgr" is used even if the GUI is
described.  But Windows users usually don't know what "tlmgr" means
and they actually don't have to.

I propose to call the program "TeX Live Manager" throughout the
documentation and only use the term "tlmgr" if the CLI is involved.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25