[tldoc] translation attempt & some questions

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:56:23 CEST 2010

Dear Norbert & others,

I have not been revising translations for some time, but now many many
translations are now completely wrong (it seems as if string that
meant one thing has been rewritten to mean something completely
different). I'll try to fix that, but it's a bit weird; it would be
better if they were temporary removed ... (When I check for
translation of "Long Description", it is "(no description)" - I'm sure
that I would not translate it that way.)

Here are some more questions:

### How do I translate the following reports?

Nalaganje lokalne podatkovne baze za TeX Live
Prosim počakajte - to utegne trajati nekaj časa.
Couldn't set up the necessary programs.
Installation of packages in not supported.
Please report to texlive at tug.org

### After loading gui for the first time I get:
"Cannot write to
C:/Users/mojca/.texlive2010/texmf-config/tlmgr/config: no such file or
directory"

There is C:/Users/mojca/.texlive2010/texmf-var though, but
texmf-config indeed doesn't exist.

## What is "Paper options" in menu?

## There's an encoding problem in menu (but that has already been reported).

## What exactly is the meaning of
    "Restore packages from backup"
Is it reistalling a broken package or installing an older version or
reistalling one that has been removed?

(More questions to follow.)

Mojca