[tldoc] Russian translation update

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Jan 16 01:33:36 CET 2010

Karl Berry a écrit :
>     There are two strings: 'a4' and 'letter'.  AFAIK 'A4' is standard
>     name (according to wikipedia, this name in ISO216) and 'letter'
>     though isn't widely used in Russian but also a "standard" name.
>
> The question is not what the ISO says.  The question is what people
> really do in practice.  If people in non-English countries generally
> prefer the English strings "a4" and "letter" for paper sizes, sure, of
> course we can make them untranslatable.

IMO, the strings should be translatable, but it's up to each translator to
choose to translate them or not, based on what people speaking their language
are most likely to understand.

Concerning French, everybody I know says "A4" and "letter" (untranslated). So I
keep the original. But I don't see the point in making the strings
untranslatable, we can never know about every language in the world...

Manuel.