[tldoc] Announcement: Italian translation is here!

Marco Pallante marco.pallante at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:00:57 CEST 2009

Dear Karl, dear all,

I'm pleased to announce you that we have an ugly, unchecked, incoherent,
inconsistent Italian translation of the TeXLive doc! A really bad work, shame
on me, but it is complete! Hard work done, now I'm going to polish and
correct it, but you can include it into the current TL source.

I also suggest these changes to include the now available Italian tlmgr/tldoc
localizations. Sorry if they are in plain diff, but I had problems accessing
anonymously to the svn repository.

$ diff texlive-en.tex.old texlive-en.tex
248a249
> \item{Italian:} \OnCD{texmf/doc/texlive/texlive-it}
922,925c923,926
<   (\texttt{pl}), Slovenian (\texttt{sl}) and Vietnamese
<   (\texttt{vi}). The installer tries to determine the right language
<   itself but if it fails, or if the right language is not available,
<   then it uses English as a fallback.
---
>   (\texttt{pl}), Slovenian (\texttt{sl}), Vietnamese (\texttt{vi})
>   and Italian (\texttt{it}). The installer tries to determine the right
>   language itself but if it fails, or if the right language is not
>   available, then it uses English as a fallback.
2595a2597
> Marco Pallante (Italian),

Thank you very much for your attention.

Marco

PS. I don't have access to the repository. Should I post the .tex file here?