[tldoc] html + \Thanh updates

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun Aug 17 11:22:34 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 06:47:27PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>     In German I still see racute instead of agrave, sorry.
>
> Browser problems, kill/restart?  Interpretation in a different (Latin 2)
> character set?  It's unfathomable to me that you see \'r and I see \`a.
> But I do.  Really.  The output is using   and the document
> declares itself iso-8859-1, so ...

My Firefox doesn't consider that declaration the last word on the
document encoding.  With View / Character encoding / Autodetect set
to Universal, it comes up with Western (Windows-1252), which works
ok, also with Polish as far as I can tell. When set to Off, it comes
up with Unicode (UTF-8) and it misses lots of accented characters,
including umlauts. My default fonts are from the Bitstream Vera
family.

--
Siep Kroonenberg