[tldoc] [tex-live] TL 2006 documentation

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Dec 12 08:54:38 CET 2006

Hi all!

All changes included but ...

On Mon, 11 Dez 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > +Die Vorgabeverzeichnisse können durch das Setzen von Umgebungsvariablen
> > +geändert werden, wodurch eine automatische, i.e.\ nicht interaktive
>
> s/i.e./d.h./.

These Germans, don't want to use good old Latin expressions.

> > -\path|c:\TeXLive2005\texmf-local\tex\latex\maple| und die zugehörige
> > -Dokumentation unter \path|c:\TeXLive2005\texmf-local\doc\latex\maple| gut
> > +\path|c:\TeXLive2006\texmf-local\tex\latex\maple| und die zugehörige
> > +Dokumentation unter \path|c:\TeXLive2006\texmf-local\doc\latex\maple| gut
> >  aufgehoben.
>
> s/maple/mathematica/g, err, no ;-)

??? I left it a maple

> Not a translation issue, but I think that "We would be glad if you would
> become a member..." would sound much nicer and more encouraging than
> "You are asked to...".

IN the German version I did now: Wir würden uns freuen ...

> > +Das Installationsskript wertet nun diverse Umgebungsvariablen aus um eine
>
> s/um/um,/

s/ um/, um/

> "Weiters" might be an austriacism (?), it sounds strange to me.  But why
> not mirror the different flavors of German...

I left it.

> s/Endwicklung/Entwicklung/.  Hey, I'm from Franconia.  People from
> vienna aren't supposed to make such mistakes, are they?

You don't know that Viennese people don't know any hard consonants?!?

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena