[tldoc] documentation license?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jan 17 19:57:10 CET 2004

I don't feeel _very_ strongly, but I don't like public domain.

I think people should get credit for their work and  that such
credit should not be taken away. Making the document public domain
allows anyone else to remove all mention of TUG, or us, or publish
bowdlerized versions.

As it stands, Michel Goossens and I claim copyright for the original
English version.
If we assume all subsequent writers have given their work to me,
we could give our copyright to TUG.

The translations are another matter. But if we stuck the (new) original
under the GFDL now, each translation would have to make its own status
clear.

Sebastian