[tldistro] Help with Arch Linux and tlmgr.pl

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Dec 27 15:01:43 CET 2022

Hi AUstin,

> Hello,Name's Agustin. This is my first discussion on tldistro so I
> apologize if anything is naive. I'm interested in correctly installing
> the script tlmgr.pl into the OS Arch Linux, because it's quite powerful
> and supports more packages than the Arch package manager, pacman.
> Arch uses essentially this bash script to install the "core" TeX Live

I strongly suggest *not* using the main texlive-core etc package, but
one of the AUR packages that provide TeX Live upstream with tlmgr.

aur/texlive-installer 2022-1 (+14 0.88) (Installed)
    This packages provides the installer of texlive. It also tricks Arch into thinking it has its texlive packages installed.

This way you get a complete TeX Live with fully functional tlmgr, and at
the same time make sure that no other texlive packages are installed.

In the future I might provide more up2date packages of TeX Live for
Arch, but that hasn't been settled by now.

All the best

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live