[tldistro] searching for 2017/texlive.tlpdb

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 22 01:19:15 CET 2018

    I'm searching for the texlive.tlpdb which corresponds to the snapshot
    "historic/systems/texlive/2017/".

I've just created texlive-20170524-tlpdb-pruned.tar.gz in that
directory, which contains the texlive.tlpdb as it appears on the DVD.
This doesn't have the platforms which are omitted from the DVD for space
reasons (armel-linux and powerpc-linux), but I hope that does not matter.

    How is this file generated from the sources that exist in this r
    (http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/historic/systems/texlive/2017/)?

Not easily :(.
(The actual answer is to run the tl-update-tlpdb script which is in the
devsource tar, but it requires a lot of setup.)

I'll see if I can do better this year. --thanks, karl.