[tldistro] in Debian unstable

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu May 5 04:03:14 CEST 2016

Hi

> I was using CTAN TeX Live with Ubuntu because the Ubuntu-package of TeX
> Live is old and buggy.

Depending on the your definiton of "buggy" - you could be more
specific here.

> and the version numbers look fresh.

Indeed they are.

> How active is the connection between the TeX Live developers and the
> Debian package maintainer (is this what is called an "Upstream"?).

Quite close a connection I would say. You could check who is the
packager in Debian, and who contributes a lot of code on the TL side.

> I understand that there is no way to make the Debian packages as fresh
> as CTAN itself. But it would nice to know if bugfixes would be commited
> fast to Debian unstable.

Debian/sid follows since more than 2 years a quasi fixed schedule of
one new upload per month.

Hope that answers your questions

Norbert