[tldistro] Whether/how to ship tlmgr

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Mar 28 14:20:12 CEST 2016

> I want ordinary users to be able to run tlmgr in user mode to do
> things that don't require write access to the main tree (e.g.,
> 'tlmgr --usermode install'), as in Debian.  But I also want
> *privileged* users to be able to run tlmgr in system mode to do some
> things that do require write access to the main tree (e.g., 'tlmgr

Ahhh, ok ...some in-between mode.

Do you have the tlpdb installed and will it be loaded? At the moment
the paper code checks whether the respective package (dvipds, xdvi,
etc) is installed before trying to configure the paper size.

In other words - the tlmgr code action_paper loads the local tlpdb,
if that is not available, more patching is needed.

I will look into you patch again and think about it.

Thanks

Norbert