[tldistro] manual page meta-information in tlpdb?

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 17:00:31 CEST 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 07:36:04PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Edd,
>
> > I have a request. I want to be able to distinguish manual pages from other
> > documentation, as I would like to be able to install the manual pages and
> > the runfiles together without the rest of the documentation.  As it stands
>
> Yeah, that is what I am doing, too ... in Debian.
>
> But when installing docfiles (or not installing docfiles)
> I match the docfiles against man/man?/... and if that matches,
> the file will be handled separately.

The problem is, there are manual pages in other paths, e.g.:
texmf-dist/doc/latex/mathspic/mathspic.1
texmf-dist/doc/otherformats/jadetex/base/jadetex.1
texmf-dist/doc/otherformats/texsis/base/texsis.1

Further, not every file ending in .[0-9] is a manual page.

How are you dealing with the manuals in non-standard paths?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk