[tldistro] texi2dvi no longer works after installation of texlive 2011

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 16 00:16:30 CET 2012

Hi Jarmo,

    I am a bit stuck. Help would be much appreciated.

I believe this is a Texinfo issue, not a TeX Live issue, let alone a
tldistro issue.  Anyway,

1) the crucial bit of information is the texinfo.tex version.  You can
get the latest from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo (also the latest
texi2dvi).

2) The pre-built PDF for asymptote is already included in TeX Live.
texmf/doc/asymptote/asymptote.pdf

3) Building the asymptote PDF requires finding all of its many images,
etc.  I just use the one that John provides.

4) If problems persist, email me off-list, or bug-texinfo at gnu.org, and
we can go from there.

5) FYI, using tidy causes intermediate files to be deleted, not kept.
The default is to build in the local dir and all intermediate files
stick around.

Best,
karl