[tldistro] Experimental mapping of texlive packages to rpm packages

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 09:26:19 CEST 2011

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:26:20AM -0200, pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   This is a bit Mandriva specific, but I was suggested to post
> it here also, as I did some work on a mapping of texlive
> packages as of texlive 2011 to rpm packages, instead of the
> current approach of some monolithic packages, and some extra
> magic to update the installation and upgrade from previous
> and/or alternative packages (the mandriva specific stuff).

There exist an alternative upstream metadata -> rpm packages mapping
in Fedora as well. It is a separate repository for now basically
because of legal reasons. I've been maintaining the repo and
enhancing the rpm generation mechanism about for three years now.

If interested:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,