[tldistro] How to get tlmgr work when build from source?

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:47:14 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm testing texlive2009 and built it from source. I noticed tlmgr is in
texlive-2009xxxx-extra.tar.xz but there is no database files in it. When I
try to do something with tlmgr, it will complain about:

tlmgr generate language
/usr/share/texmf/bin/tlmgr: open(/usr/share/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb) failed: No
such file or directory at /usr/share/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 281.

Also, in comparison with the installed texlive from the DVD image, there is
no tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb,  tlpkg/texlive.profile, tlpkg/tlpobj/*,
 tlpkg/tlpostcode/* as well. How could I generate them or get them?

Thanks in advance.
--
Cheers,
Grissiom