[tlbuild] m-tx test fails on powerpc-linux

rdt at cs.queensu.ca rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Sun Apr 8 04:28:33 CEST 2018

 >|OK, I found the error in the m-tx code, which explains
 >|the wrong value of fracindent. Located by some lengthy
 >|gdb fiddling.

Good work Johannes.

 >|I am no Pascal expert, but the loop ranges in preamble.pas:501ff
 >|  for i:=1 to maxvoices do setVocal(i,false);
 >|  for i:=1 to maxstaves do stave_size[i]:=unspec;
 >|  for i:=0 to maxstaves do nspace[i]:=unspec;
 >|  begin  nspace[i]:=unspec;  stave_size[i]:=unspec;  end;
 >|are definitely inconsistent. Pascal won't switch from zero-based to
 >|one-based arrays within a loop.

Actually Pascal allows any lower-bound. nspace[0] is
okay but stave_size[0] is not. But the bug is that the
begin...end block is *not* the body of the third loop and i
isn't even defined there.

I'm guessing that the begin...end block is spurious and
should simply be deleted. Dirk?

Bob T.