[tlbuild] PPC builds

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Apr 3 15:06:33 CEST 2018

>> Nelson, would you miss sparc-solaris binaries in native TL?
>> I'm guessing you use your own ...

Well, we have TeX Live versions going back to 2003, so if future
releases dropped that platform, we would not be without TeX, just
not the latest.  However, essentially all of our users now login
on GNU/Linux (CentOS 6 and 7) systems, and while we still have
a few SPARC systems, they will likely see retirement in the next
few years, without acquiring new users.  We have no plans to buy
any more SPARC-based servers.