[tlbuild] aarch64/armv8h binary distribution?

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Tue Dec 5 00:15:48 CET 2017

Am Sat, 2 Dec 2017 23:57:20 GMT
schrieb Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> Hi Johannes (and all),
>
>     Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 02:39:55 +0100
>     [...]
>     libpng not properly handling the presence of NEON instructions on
>     AArch64.
>
> I've attempted to import the neon stuff from the upstream files. (I
> did not do anything with the non-neon hardware optimizations.)
>
> So, theoretically, giving --enable-arm-neon=check (or =api) to TL's
> configure (or Build) should now do something.  I don't have any
> relevant machine to actually try a compile on, but it did still
> compile for me on my centos7.
>
> Please give it a try when you can and let me know what goes
> wrong. Surely something will :). --thanks, karl.

Nothing, unfortunately (-:

./Build --debug --disable-xindy --without-x --enable-arm-neon=check

[…]

./Build: 419 executables in
/opt/texlive/2017svn/trunk/Build/source/inst/bin. done (exit status 0)
Mon Dec 4 23:18:43 CET 2017

real    51m15,123s
user    56m20,870s
sys     8m56,910s

…more to follow soon!

I will repeat the ./Build in a new checkout cleaned from my previous
try-outs.

Many thanks so far!
Johannes