[tlbuild] error in zziplib source

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 20:28:56 CEST 2017

On 20 July 2017 at 12:21, Juan Bosco García Gutiérrez <juan.bosco at uca.es>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after configuring and compiling TeX Live, I have got several errors in
>
> zziplib source. The errors are the following
>
> In file included from ../../../libs/zziplib/zziplib-src/zzip/types.h:30:0,

The zzip/types.h file has a comment:

 * This file is usually the first to define some real symbols. If you do

 * see some errors here then it is most likely the includepath is wrong

 * or some includeheader is missing / unreadable on your system.

 * (a) we include local headers with a "zzip/" prefix just to be sure

 *     to not actually get the wrong one. Consider to add `-I..` somewhere

 *     and especially VC/IDE users (who make up their own workspace files)

 *     should include the root source directory of this project.

 * (b) size_t and ssize_t are sometimes found be `configure` but they are

 *     not in the usual places (ANSI C = stddef.h; UNIX = sys/types.h), so

*     be sure to look for them and add the respective header as an #include.

You should mention the linux distro and whether your gcc-6.3.0 is from a
dristro package or
locally compiled (in which case you may need to adjust include paths).

> [...]
>
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:196:1: error: conflicting types for 'int64_t'
>
> __intN_t (64, __DI__);
>
> I'm building in Linux with gcc-6.3.0.
>
> I have test it in x86 and x64 machines with the same errors.
>
> Finally, for more information, the version of TeX Live source is 20170524.
>
> Any ideas how to solve it?

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia