[tlbuild] Request for help compiling luatex

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 15:46:28 CEST 2017

On 17 June 2017 at 15:31, Karl Berry wrote:
>     that I have no clue where to find $HOME/.subversion/config. Or rather:
>     I don't know what $HOME is for the buildbot user.
>
> Sounds like ~ is /var/empty. Probably can't put anything there :0.
>
> In cases where you control the machine, you can put the config file in
> /etc/subversion/config.
>
> If you can't change the home, and you don't control the machine, maybe
> you should get the sources through rsync.

I do control the machine, but didn't know where to configure stuff.

Meanwhile I received an answer from maintainer of the package:

https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2017-June/035919.html

Basically he sets the HOME variable in the initilazation script that
runs the service (equivalent to systemd service configuration on
linux).

I'm still not convinced that this is the best possible approach (I
would prefer another reasonable default), but I can cope with that.
Another thing I don't particularly like is that my usual approach has
been:
- start building something to trigger the first svn run; that build will fail
- the first svn run generates the config file at some place
- modify that configure file
- delete the svn checkout from the first run to prevent the builds to
keep failing
Maybe I should just fetch a model config file from somewhere, but I
would prefer if there was some slightly more straightforward way to do
this dance. (Or maybe I should manually temporarily change HOME folder
for myself and run svn once :)