[tlbuild] Problem regarding TexLive

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 30 02:19:26 CEST 2017

Hi

>   1.  Install TexLive using 'apt-get install' command.
>   2.  Build TexLive using 'Build' script (https://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/Build).
>   3.  Copy the binaries built in second step to the install location of first step.

No. That will NOT WORK!

First of all: Why do you not use the Debian binaries? What did
you actually call
	apt-get install texlive
or
	apt-get install texlive-full
?
Both of them will install all binaries.

Now why the above is wrong: The BUild script in the svn expects a directory
layout similar to what the TeX Live installer creates:
	ROOT/bin/ARCH/<binaries>
	ROOT/texmf-dist/...
but the Debian layout is different:
	/usr/bin/<binaries>
	/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/...
Thus simply compiling with Build and dropping the binaries into /usr/bin
*will*not*work.

Please explain what you are trying to achieve, and we can help you.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer