[tlbuild] Problem regarding TexLive

Muhammad Umair Sair 15030002 at lums.edu.pk
Wed Mar 29 15:28:23 CEST 2017

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. We were actually following the same section pointed by you. We are stuck at following point.

"Once you have a tree including both all the support files (gigabytes of stuff) and your new binaries, then run, for instance, latex small2e; the latex.fmt file should be automatically built and you should end up with a small2e.dvi file that you can, for example, view with xdvi or convert with dvips. Similarly for pdflatex and all the other engines."

It says latex.fmt file should be automatically built. Is latex.fmt generated artifact of some previous step or we need to get it from some where?

Regards,

Umair Sair