[tlbuild] --disable-dvisvgm avoids configure

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 17:36:09 CEST 2017

Dear Karl,

On 18 February 2017 at 23:57, Karl Berry wrote:
> I've tweaked the TL build system so that --disable-PKG (e.g.,
> --disable-dvisvgm) avoids descending into the PKG/ (dvisvgm/) directory
> entirely, so configure is never run. As a consequence, it will not abort
> when a C++11 compiler is not found :).
>
> So, for those of us without C++11,
> ./Build --disable-dvisvgm should now suffice.

Before reinventing the wheel: what's the proper command to build
*just* dvisvgm? (From LuaTeX I remember a super long list of
--disable-whatever flags and that list is a bit tricky to
reconstruct.)

The reason why I'm asking is because I want to build dvisvgm
separately from everything else. Everything but dvisvgm would be built
without C++11, while dvisvgm would be built against a newer stdlib
that's only supported on newer platforms. While a valid workaround is
to simply build everything twice and just copy the relevant binaries,
I would like to spare at least some CPU cycles.