[tlbuild] dvisvgm-2.1.2 in TL

Marc Baudoin babafou at babafou.eu.org
Tue Feb 14 13:02:47 CET 2017

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> écrit :
> FYI, I imported Martin's new release of dvisvgm, plus a couple more
> post-release fixes, into TL. So For those who want more punishment ...

I still have the same problem on NetBSD: the uselocale() function
is not found (nothing related to C++, it doesn't exist in the
libc).  I checked and was suggested that the printf_l() function
should be used instead, as in:

printf_l(LC_C_LOCALE, "this is a float value: %.2f\n", 2.5f);

or, in a C++ way, set the locale for individual
stream objects explicitly:

   cout.imbue(locale::classic());
   cout << 2.5f << endl;

or (probably better), open a stream on a file and then set its
locale reference properly for that file.

I honestly don't know what to make of this, since I gave up C++
more then 20 years ago and I know nothing on the workings of
locales but I'd like we found a way to make this work on my
system.