[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Martin Gieseking martin.gieseking at uos.de
Sat Feb 11 09:20:25 CET 2017

Hello,

> I successfully compiled the original fontforge sources without having
> to fiddle manually with any of those extra flags, so it must be
> something special about dvisvgm's build system that triggers the
> problem.

Does it help just to replace
  #if !defined( HAVE_LIBINTL_H )
with
  #if 1

in libs/ff-woff/inc/intl.h? The reduced fontforge library bundled with
dvisvgm doesn't include the translations anyway, so it's not necessary
to fiddle around with gettext.

> It would be nice to figure out how to reproduce the problem with
> having to define "#define  HAVE_LIBINTL_H 1" on upstream FF sources,
> so that the problem could be fixed upstream. I didn't need that patch
> for those sources (but it's also true that I didn't try to compile
> with C++11).

The fontforge sources must be compiled with a C compiler. Using a C++
compiler doesn't work at all and isn't necessary either. The build
system should already take care of this.

Martin