[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Richard M. Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sat Feb 4 21:03:41 CET 2017

Martin,

This morning I sent your patches to Karl, and he added them to TeX Live so I could
test without worrying about autoreconf.

The binaries now compile without error and pass all tests. I get 406 executables.

I compared config.h produced by the new system with config.h
prepared by the earlier system. The only difference in these files is that the new
config.h has the following:

	/* Define to 1 if you have the <xlocale.h> header file. */
	#define HAVE_XLOCALE_H 1

So your fix for this worked.

Finally, I looked at splinefont.h. This file has your original patches, but does not
have my temporary patch at the end. Again, this is what we hoped for.

I cannot help noticing that this is exactly the patch which you sent me a day and
a half ago, and the extra day we spent was caused by my errors.

Summary for other builders:

When this problem first came up, an old stackoverflow question suggested that the problem was an incompatibility between locale.h in system headers and xlocale.h in X11. If this used to be a problem, it was fixed long ago. Currently the Mac system headers have TWO significant files,

	locale.h and xlocale.h

If you add the optional open source X11, then the X11 headers include Xlocale.h.

But the crucial items like "locale_t", etc., are defined in only one of these, xlocale.h. The patches insure that this header is loaded if it exists.

Dick Koch