[tlbuild] test suite fails when TL2015 binaries are in PATH

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Tue Jun 7 12:55:58 CEST 2016

Dear Reinhard,

> thanks for the response.  But I'm now even more confused than before.
> When I go to
>
>   Work/texk/web2c
>
> and invoke
>
>   ./pmpost -ini -kanji=utf8 -tex=eptex pmpsamp
>
> I get the error message
>
>  warning: kpathsea: configuration file texmf.cnf not found in these
>  directories: /vc/texlive/trunk/Build/source/Work/texk/web2c:...

If the env variable TEXMFCNF is not set,
texmf.cnf's are searched in the following order:

$SELFAUTOLOC
$SELFAUTOLOC/share/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTOLOC/share/texmf-dist/web2c
$SELFAUTOLOC/share/texmf/web2c
$SELFAUTOLOC/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTOLOC/texmf-dist/web2c
$SELFAUTOLOC/texmf/web2c
$SELFAUTODIR
$SELFAUTODIR/share/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTODIR/share/texmf-dist/web2c
$SELFAUTODIR/share/texmf/web2c
$SELFAUTODIR/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTODIR/texmf-dist/web2c
$SELFAUTODIR/texmf/web2c
$SELFAUTOGRANDPARENT/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTOPARENT
$SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf-dist/web2c
$SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf/web2c
$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-local/web2c
$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-dist/web2c
$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf/web2c

Here, $SELFAUTOLOC is a directory where the exec file exists.
$SELFAUTODIR = ../$SELFAUTOLOC
$SELFAUTOPARENT = ../../$SELFAUTOLOC
$SELFAUTOGRANDPARENT = ../../../$SELFAUTOLOC

Best,
Akira