[tlbuild] Fedora 24 news

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Thu May 12 03:30:45 CEST 2016

Fedora 24 beta was released yesterday at

	https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/prerelease/

This afternoon, I created a new virtual machine from its ISO image,
installed a boatload of packages that I typically need, and then built
TeX Live 2016 from a snapshot taken earlier today.  The new binaries
are in the collection at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive/

bringing the binary count to 75.

Fedora 24 ships with gcc-6.0.0 20160406 as its default, and currently
only, gcc.  It also has clang 3.8.0.  [We noticed earlier today that
the Macports collection on Mac OS X 10 now has an early clang 3.9.0.]

Fedora 24 has this version of texlive in its package system:

	% /bin/tex --version
	TeX 3.14159265 (TeX Live 2016/dev)
	kpathsea version 6.2.2dev

	% ls -l /bin/tex
	-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 357216 Feb 16 14:14 /bin/tex

Thus, the TL2016/dev build is fairly old, but at least they are trying
to get this year's TeX Live into production.