[tlbuild] conversion of tangleboot failed on OpenBSD with syntax error

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:04:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

Following failure reports on OpenBSD I naively installed OpenBSD 5.9
in a VM (please note that I have no experience with that OS). In
contrast to a few days ago I'm now getting a different error:

/bin/sh ../../../texk/web2c/web2c/convert tangleboot
syntax error: Last token = 302 (.), error buffer = `@define',
        last id = `' (not in symbol table).
../../../texk/web2c/web2c/convert: conversion of tangleboot.p failed,
moving dregs:

Does anyone have any clue how to proceed?

Thank you,
    Mojca

PS: I have found some (somewhat?) related hits with google:
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2009-August/019793.html
but I'm not exactly sure if anything applies in this case.