[tlbuild] upmendex, U_INVALID_FORMAT_ERROR, U_ICUDATA_ENTRY_POINT, isBigEndian

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 2 23:36:53 CEST 2016

    Do you have any idea why this happens?

Sorry, no.  And I'm not going to spend any more time delving into the
ICU morass to try to figure it out.  I'd rather drop the binaries if you
think they are too slow to be usable.

    It was noticed that compiling with these flags change all binaries:

As far as my greps could discern, only xetex, upmendex, and bibtex-u use
ICU.  The -DU_IS_BIG_ENDIAN=0 should have no effect on anything else.
I suspect some change was made somewhere else that affected everything
else.  Unless the BSD system header files somehow use that symbol; as
far as I could see it was invented by and only used by ICU.  -k