[tlbuild] upmendex, U_INVALID_FORMAT_ERROR, U_ICUDATA_ENTRY_POINT, isBigEndian

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Sun May 1 20:53:07 CEST 2016

> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:58 +0300
> Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> and run xelatex normally. After restoring xetex to xetex.2015
>> and deleting the format file, compilation finished as expecting
>> after recreating the xelatex format file.
>
> And what happens if you compile with xetex from TL2016 built without
> endianness-related flags?

The problem is that it needs the new xdvipdfmx to work properly.
I have run the command

$ time xelatex book

with both binaries. The times tha follow correspond to the binaries
build with the ICU flag

real    0m13.874s
user    0m13.901s
sys    0m0.647s

And these to the binaries that were comiled without the ICU flag:

real    0m6.665s
user    0m6.209s
sys    0m0.646s

In different words, my findings agree with yours.

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, GREECE