[tlbuild] Solaris fails to process asy's Makefile

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 17 01:37:06 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-16 at 22:19:53 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

 >     SHELL=/path/to/bash
 >
 > It's a workaround, but it shouldn't be necessary.  It is simple to
 > write shell constructs to be portable to Solaris /bin/sh (which is
 > pretty much the only remaining original Bourne shell).

Please excuse my unrelated questions.  Is it sufficient to use Dash
(default shell for non-interactive Scripts on Debian) in order to
check whether my scripts are compatible with the original Bourne
shell?

When I attempt to write portable scripts, do I have to consider
anything which predates POSIX?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25