[tlbuild] Failed test updmap-cmdline-test.pl

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 17 00:43:05 CEST 2016

    /home/me/texlive/Build/source/texk/tests/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 209.

I'm not sure it's worth it, but one solution would be for the
sha-requiring stuff to be moved from TLUtils (sigh) into a new module,
like TLDigest.  updmap (and plenty of other scripts) need to load
TLUtils but don't need the signature stuff.

Another solution would be for you to install Digest::SHA (cpan install ...).
perl 5.8.4 is 12 years old, so it's not surprising it's not included.
And without it, clearly no signing/checksum stuff will work.

Another "solution" would be to ignore the error (make -k).  Clearly
suboptimal, but at least it requires no further work from anyone ...  -k