[tlbuild] Solaris fails to process asy's Makefile

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:12:12 CEST 2016

On 16 April 2016 at 18:45, John Bowman wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
> You should definitely compile with gcc (it doesn't have to be the latest
> release) to avoid all of these issues.

I tried, but I end up linking against all these libraries:

        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /opt/csw/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        libstdc++.so.6 =>        /opt/csw/lib/libstdc++.so.6
        libreadline.so.6 =>      /opt/csw/lib/libreadline.so.6
        libncurses.so.5 =>       /opt/csw/lib/libncurses.so.5
        libncurses.so.6 =>       /opt/csw/lib/libncurses.so.6
        libsigsegv.so.2 =>       /opt/csw/lib/libsigsegv.so.2
        libz.so.1 =>             /opt/csw/lib/libz.so.1

which is a problem for TeX Live.

I found the relevant lines in configure.ac to disable libsigsegv,
libncurses, libreadline, so I can find a workaround for these, but I
have no clue what to do with libgcc and libstdc++. (It would be
helpful to be able to disable libsigsegv and libncurses from
./configure. This is possible to libreadline, but not for the other
two.)

I would gladly use an older gcc, but it would be tricky for me to
first install an older compiler, then figure out how to use it ...

So unless Ettore can explain what tricks he used last year, I'll ask
Karl to remove asymptote for Solaris from TL.

-----------

On 16 April 2016 at 10:02, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On April 16, 2016 4:49:10 PM GMT+09:00, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>>if test ! -e revision.cc -o "2.37" != "\1"; then     \
>>  echo "const char *REVISION="\"2.37\"\; > revision.cc; \
>>fi
>>/bin/sh: test: unknown operator revision.cc
>
> Add
> SHELL=/path/to/bash
> In the makefile

Thank you. This does the job. The problem is that it's not any easier
to add that line than to remove the test: it has to be done manually
after every configure.

Is there any "proper fix" that would work in "sh" and that could be
added upstream?