[tlbuild] Solaris fails to process asy's Makefile

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:23:18 CEST 2016

Hi,

There are further problems with asymptote on Solaris:

(a) I'm unable to use the latest gcc for the official TL build because
that pulls in many undesired dependencies (included, but not limited
to /opt/csw/lib/libstdc++.so.6).

(b) As soon as I switch to the default system compiler (cc & CC), the
configure fails with "compiler unable to generate binaries" because
"-ansi" somehow gets added to CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS and compiler doesn't
understand that. The fastest workaround to that problem was defining
some bogus flags like "CFLAGS=-g" (then the -ansi flag wouldn't be
added).

(c) Then I end up with a number of problems like
    "memory.h", line 32: Error: Could not open include file<ext/hash_map>.
that should probably have been sorted out during ./configure (which
should already figure out that ext/hash_map doesn't exist).

I have found http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-dev/new-set-and-map-containers-cpp11-2187367.html,
but I don't have Sun Studio 12.4.