[tlbuild] TL16 build status

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 6 01:01:05 CEST 2016

I have frozen and archived the last tlnet for TL15.  No more tlnet updates.

I've just updated xdvik to a new release from Paul Vojta (thanks Paul).
Hopefully issues will not arise.

As I understand it, LuaTeX should now consistently be at version 0.95.
There will likely be more (non-build) changes forthcoming.

So, I think the sources are essentially done.  So it's good to try
rebuilding again now.

However, please continue to refrain from committting any new binaries.
Right now, luatex formats will not build, and I doubt I will be able to
get all that going today.  (This is why I have not committed new
i386-linux binaries yet.)  Hopefully tomorrow, or the next day at
worst.

For the same reason, I have not updated texmf.cnf (etc.) to use "2016"
directory names.  I'll do that along with the new binaries.  Ditto
updating the tlpretest area; for now the big nightly rebuild is turned off.

Thanks,
Karl