[tlbuild] asymptote-2.37 in source tree

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:15:20 CET 2016

Dear Karl,

On 15 March 2016 at 03:38, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 15 March 2016 at 00:05, Karl Berry wrote:
>> John made a new release of asy.  I updated Build/source/utils/asymptote.
>> Give it a try if you like.
>
> I just wanted to say that I have problems with Asymptote 2.37 (as
> built from the upstream source, not directly from TeX Live) on OS X
> 10.7.
>
> (runtime: Stack overflow or segmentation fault: rerun with -nothreads)

The problems were fixed in the latest commit on GitHub. The problem
only affected xasy though (a trivial change in a python script was
needed). I assume a new version of asy will be released before the
final TL builds anyway, but if one doesn't need xasy, this won't
affect the testing of asy binary itself.

I decided to apply that patch to avoid problems when testing. I hope that's ok.

http://tug.org/svn/texlive?view=revision&revision=40041