[tlbuild] [tex-live] Asymptote and Python3

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 4 01:52:38 CET 2016

Mojca - happily, for this year Bowman has just made an "early" test
release.  It is on CTAN now.  I don't know if Python3 stuff has improved.

Ordinarily I'd import it into the TL source right now, but I'm going to
be away all day tomorrow, and given Bowman's description of other
changes, I am not optimistic that compilation will "just work".  So I
think I'm going to postpone that until this weekend when I'll have a
chance to actually try it.

Anyway ... if/since python3 will evidently be an ongoing issue for a
while, maybe you (and anyone else concerned) would be best off getting
asy release directly from sourceforge, or even the dev sources there,
and communicating with Bowman on the asy lists.  Just a thought ... -k