[tlbuild] List of packages included in tetex3

Johannes Schöpfer johannes at schoepfer.info
Fri Jan 29 13:29:46 CET 2016

>   > i want to build a Texlive-Installation-Packet using singel choosen
>   > packages from
>   > https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive,
>   > which targets to be in content and size about the formerly tetex3.
>   > The tetex-scheme coming from the tl-installer gives several hundrets of
>   > megabytes(as tar.xz), the old tetex3 is about 40mb(tar.xz) without doc
>   > and source.
>   >
>   > Does somebody has a list of the packages, which were included in the
>   > formerly tetex3? It seems tricky to get a complete list by examine an
>   > old tetex3-build.
>
> Indeed, scheme-tetex grew since it was created, mainly because it
> contains collection.
>
> You can derive a package list from
>
>    ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2008/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
>
> But keep in mind that a lot of things had been changed since then, for
> example hyphenation patterns.  Maybe it's best to start with a minimal
> installation of TL-2015 and install further packages when the basic
> stuff works properly.

Thanks for the hints. I'll start with that texlive.tlpdb, using
scheme-basic, as this includes collection-latex what seems needed.
I'll evaluate the singel packages from scheme-tetex, and the packages
from the dependend collections.
Single packages sometimes have dependent packages. Is it right that
these depends are mostly recommendations rather than hard dependencies?

When i've got something functional mostly equal to tetex3, i'll post the
packages i used. Maybe a good test will be, to compile the tetex3 docs.

Regards,

Johannes