[tlbuild] TL'15 binaries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 12 01:44:58 CEST 2015

Hi everyone - I have frozen the regular TeX Live updates to the public
so we can start preparing the pretest for TL'15.

A small tweak to chktex is still coming, but aside from that (and
asymptote, about which I despair, as usual), the current sources are
ready, as far as I know.  I don't know of any other pending changes.
As a reminder, the web page outlining the procedure is
http://tug.org/texlive/build.html

So, please go ahead and do the builds for your usual platforms, and
commit (tl-update-bindir) or email me as you prefer.  It will take me
a day or two to make all the other supporting updates before any build
will be usable in Master/, so don't worry about that.  (And I'm not
going to commit anything today; I simply turned off the cron job.)

In addition to the main binaries, this year we would like to update wget
and xz to the current versions.
http://tug.org/texlive/build.html#xz

Here are the sources (.gz also available for both):
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/wget/wget-1.16.3.tar.xz
http://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.2.1.tar.xz

The platforms where we provide wget are:
  i386-freebsd,amd64-freebsd
  i386-netbsd,amd64-netbsd
  i386-solaris,x86_64-solaris
  sparc-solaris
  universal-darwin,x86_64-darwin
  win32
So if you are the builder for any of those, please make the wget binary,
strip it, and commit or send to me.  Mojca carefully recorded all the
many options to excise library dependencies -- on the web page above.

As for xz: please be sure and configure --disable-shared --disable-nls,
also as noted on that web page, and strip and commit/email the xz and
xzdec binaries similarly.

I think that's it for tonight.  I'll write more tomorrow after I've
had a chance to do more.

Karl