[tlbuild] Building TL 2015

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Dec 22 04:37:55 CET 2014

Folks,

I decided to try building the latest version of the binaries on OS X. I built on four
platforms:

	a) Yosemite (I was too lazy to create Lisp, so I didn’t build xindy)

	b) Snow Leopard for 64 bit Intel binaries

	c) Leopard for 32 bit Intel binaries

	d) Leopard for 32 bit PPC binaries. We omit a few binaries and build via

	./build —disable-xetex —disable-xdv2pdf —disable-luajittex —enable-xindy CLISP=/Users/koch/clisp/clisp-build/clist

The first was just for fun, since we don’t release builds on the very latest OS. I included xindy for all builds except the
Yosemite build.

---------------------

Results:

	a) 387 binaries built, no errors from the tests at the end

	b) 392 binaries built, no errors from the tests at the end

	c) The build ended when trying to configure the mpfr library, with a warning that __gmpz_init was not found.
	The config program tries to run a small program which uses the gmp library, previously built. I confirm that this
	library has 32 bit code. But it looks like the config script initially learns that it is running on a 32 bit system, but
	later decides that it is building for 64 bits, and that is the reason for the error. I sent the config log file to
	Peter and hope he notices something.

	d) 385 binaries were built. All tests passed.

Dick Koch